Accession UAA-2006-211 - UAA-2006-211

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper


General material designation

  • Textual record

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

Level of description


Reference code


Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area


Physical description area

Physical description

0.03 m of textual records

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

(1908 -)

Administrative history

The Saint-Jean school was founded in Pincher Creek in 1908 by an Oblate priest as a juniorate, a place to instruct junior members preparing for life in the Oblate order. It was founded the same year as the inauguration of the Faculty of Arts and Science of the University of Alberta. In the 1960s and 1970s, the Collège Saint-Jean grew more affiliated with the University of Alberta, and, in 1976, the Oblate priests officially sold it to the University. In 1977, the Collège changed its name to Faculté Saint-Jean and became a full faculty at the University of Alberta. In October 2005, it was renamed Campus Saint-Jean.
The first goal of the Campus is to allow students of French background to pursue their university studies in a French environment and secondly, to allow students of English background to benefit from this environment. The University thus hopes to foster French culture in Alberta and to allow more students to master the two official languages of Canada.

L'école Saint-Jean a été fondéé à Pincher Creek en 1908 par un prêtre Oblat comme un juniorat, une place à instruire les membres juniors qui se préparent pour la vie dans l'ordre des Oblats. Elle a été fondée la même année de l'inauguration des facultés d'arts et de sciences à l'université de l'Alberta. Dans les années 1960s et 1970s, le Collège Saint-Jean est devenu plus prochement affilié avec l'université de l'Alberta, et, en 1976, les prêtres Oblats l'ont vendu a l'université. En 1977, le Collège a changé son nom à la Faculté Saint-Jean et est devenu une veritable faculté de l'université de l'Alberta. En 2005, elle a été renommée le Campus Saint-Jean.
Le premier but du Campus est de permettre aux étudiants d'origines francophones à poursuivre des études universitaires dans un environnement francophone, et deuxièmement, de permettre aux étudiants d'origines anglophones de prendre avantage de cet environnement. L'université espère cultiver la culture francophone en Alberta et permettre à plus d'étudiants de maitriser les deux langues officielles du Canada.

Custodial history

Scope and content

Advisory Council charter and membership (1984) and Annual Reports

Notes area

Physical condition


Immediate source of acquisition


Language of material

  • English

Script of material

Location of originals

Small Accessions

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access


Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

accession register; index

Associated materials

Related materials



Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier


Institution identifier


Rules or conventions


Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

DBRACEWELL 3.23.2009

Language of description

Script of description


Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related places

Related genres