Title and statement of responsibility area
PE001104 - Combined Irrigation Materials
General material designation
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
Level of description
Edition statement of responsibility
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
191x - 1920 (Creation)
Physical description area
5 stapled or folded page booklets, all bound together with tape in a brown, non-original cover measuring 24x18cm. Approx. 23 pages in total, excluding title pages and blank leaves.
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Scope and content
Various pamphlets and informational booklets on irrigation in Alberta, comprising:
- ‘Does it Pay to Irrigate in Sunny Southern Alberta?’: A booklet by W.H. Fairfield, superintendent of the Dominion Experimental Farm, promoting irrigation as a means to increase farm yields. Some statistical data is included.
- ‘Irrigation Farming: Conservative results in 1919 in the Lethbridge District’: A booklet on the impact of irrigation on farm yields, including some statistical data.
- ‘Irrigation Farming Around Lethbridge’: An article by G.R. Marnoch, reprinted from the Monetary Times, providing background on initiatives to construct irrigation works around Lethbridge.
- ‘Better Balanced Farming’: An article by G.R. Marnoch, reprinted from the Monetary Times, providing the author’s opinion on agricultural development in Alberta.
- ‘Why We Want Irrigation as an Adjunct to Dry Farming’: The text of an address by P. Baker and C. Jensen, given at the thirteenth annual convention of the Western Canada Irrigation Association.
The tape ‘binding’ is failing, leaving the booklets liable to fall out of the cover. Additionally, as the tape pulls away, booklets may suffer tearing or other damage.
Immediate source of acquisition
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Bruce Peel Special Collections is part of the University of Alberta Libraries.