Accession - UAA-1972-107

Open original Digital object

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

UAA-1972-107

General material designation

  • Textual record

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

Level of description

Accession

Reference code

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • 1930 - 1970 (Creation)
    Creator
    Department of English

Physical description area

Physical description

12.7 cm of textual records

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

(1908 -)

Administrative history

The Department of English was one of the four original departments established in 1908. Its first professor, Edmund Kemper Broadus, was faced with the task of setting the standard and program for entering students. From the start, the Department had the important service function of training students of every faculty to write, and of giving them an acquaintance with literature. The Department offers a broad range of courses in literature and language, and offers specialization in the areas of Canadian literature (especially prairie fiction), and creative writing. The English honours program is the largest in the Faculty of Arts. Heads: 1908-1936 Edmund Kemper Broadus; 1936-1950 Robert Kay Gordon; 1950-1953 Frederick Millet Salter; 1953-1961 John Thomas Jones; 1961-1967 Henry Kreisel. Chairs: 1968-1971 R. George Baldwin; 1971-1976 Edward Rose; 1976-1981 Roland Anderson; 1981-1986 David Jackel; 1986-1989 Linda Woodbridge; 1989-1992 Maurice Roger Legris.

Custodial history

Scope and content

Department of English Minutes, 1930 - 1970

Notes area

Physical condition

good

Immediate source of acquisition

Arrangement

Language of material

  • English

Script of material

Location of originals

Main

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

open

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

accession register; index

Associated materials

Related materials

Accruals

6.19.1972

General note

"RG 41"

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

University

Institution identifier

AEU

Rules or conventions

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

RFROGNER 10.20.2008

Language of description

Script of description

Sources

Digital object (External URI) rights area

Digital object (Reference) rights area

Digital object (Thumbnail) rights area

Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related places

Related genres