Accession - UAA-1971-096

Open original Digital object

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

UAA-1971-096

General material designation

  • Textual record

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

Level of description

Accession

Reference code

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • 1971 (Creation)
    Creator
    Faculty of Nursing
  • 1971 (Creation)
    Creator
    Faculty of Nursing

Physical description area

Physical description

0.02 m of textual records

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

Administrative history

Nursing courses at the University of Alberta were supported by the Canadian Red Cross from 1918 to 1923. The School of Nursing was officially established within the Faculty of Medicine in September, 1923 and the first four baccalaureate students (BScN) graduated in 1928. The clinical portion of the course was offered by the University of Alberta Hospital School of Nursing until 1966. Following the passage of the Universities Act in that year, the School of Nursing became an autonomous academic unit within the University. The four-year integrated Baccalaureate in Nursing program was implemented at this time. The School of Nursing received Faculty status in 1976. Graduate degrees have been available since 1975. Off-campus and collaborative programs with the community and junior colleges of Alberta have been developed, and the merger of the University of Alberta Hospitals School of Nursing and the Faculty of Nursing will take place in the fall term, 1991/92. The goal of the Faculty is to be a centre of excellence in Nursing for the advancement, dissemination and application of nursing knowledge through teaching, research and public service. Directors: 1937-1940 Agnes Jean MacLeod; 1940-1943 Helen Griffith McArthur; 1943-1946 Madeline McCulla Larson (Acting); 1946-1956 Helen E.M. Penhale; 1957-1975 Ruth Elizabeth McClure. Deans: 1976 Ruth Elizabeth McClure; 1976-1980 Amy Elliott Zelmer; 1980-[1982] Peggy-Anne Field; 1982-1987 Janetta MacPhail; 1987- Marilyn J. Wood.

Custodial history

Scope and content

Examinations

Notes area

Physical condition

good

Immediate source of acquisition

Arrangement

Language of material

  • English

Script of material

Location of originals

Main

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

open

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

accession register; index

Associated materials

Related materials

Accruals

5.27.1971

General note

Added to 1997-057

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

University

Institution identifier

AEU

Rules or conventions

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

RFROGNER 5.21.2009

Language of description

Script of description

Sources

Digital object (Master) rights area

Digital object (Reference) rights area

Digital object (Thumbnail) rights area

Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related places

Related genres