Untitled

Identity area

Type of entity

Authorized form of name

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

History

Edmonton's premier oratorio choir, founded in 1951, was originally called the University Singers. It was renamed in memory of its founding director, Richard S. Eaton, in 1969. It has had a long association with the University of Alberta, as the Choir rehearses on campus and draws its music directors from the Department of Music. The Singers, however, have always been an entity separate from the University, drawing members from the general community and receiving funding from other sources. Directors: 1951-1967 Richard S. Eaton; 1968-1973 Alexandra Munn; 1973-[1982] Larry D. Cook; [1982]- Leonard Ratzlaff.

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Subject access points

Place access points

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC

Related subjects

Related places