Title and statement of responsibility area
PE004873 - Photo Album of Pope John Paul II’s Visit to Edmonton’s St. Joseph’s Cathedral Basilica
General material designation
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
Level of description
Edition statement of responsibility
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
Dec. 14, 1984 (Creation)
Physical description area
Ten (10) 8" x 10" colour photographs in an album wrapped in a blue cover with ornamental gold frames. Also one (1) letter.
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Scope and content
Photo Album of Pope John Paul II’s visit to Edmonton in September, 1984. It has “Bill Connelly,” who was the recipient, handwritten on the top left corner of the inside cover. There is also a letter addressed to Mr. W.J. Connelly offering this album as a gesture of appreciation for his help. Album created by J.N. MacNeil and Roy Watson, Archbishops of Edmonton.
- Photograph #1: Close-up shot of John Paul II.
- Photograph #2: John Paul II and bishop walking up a staircase.
- Photograph #3: Birds-eye view of mass taking place at St. Joseph’s Cathedral.
- Photograph #4: Long shot of the podium with a group of bishops and cardinals standing behind John Paul II.
- Photograph #5: Long shot of John Paul II lifting his arms in a blessing gesture.
- Photograph #6: Diagonal shot of John Paul II’s vehicle being received by an excited crowd.
- Photograph #7: Lateral view of a procession taking place outdoors in a field. Photo depicts thousands of followers observing mass presumably led upon a white altar.
- Photograph #8: Medium low shot of John Paul II giving a speech on the altar.
- Photograph #9: Medium long shot of John Paul II as he stands with his crucifix cane and lifts his hand in a blessing gesture.
- Photograph #10: Medium long shot of John Paul II with a light background. He waves benevolently.
The pages have yellowed around the edges and the white plastic binding is slightly loose. The photographs appear to be in good condition.
Immediate source of acquisition
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Bruce Peel Special Collections is part of the University of Alberta Libraries.