Title and statement of responsibility area
General material designation
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
Level of description
Edition statement of responsibility
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
1988, 1989, 1993, 2006, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012 (Creation)
Physical description area
books, a button badge, magazines, newspapers
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Scope and content
FC 106 C5 C46 (Box 29 File 60)
- One hardcover book “Fun From Lens: Kan Ki Chiu’s 1st Photographic Collection” ( 鏡中缘: 焦根基攝影作品選第一集), printed by Shanghai Zhuangyin Meina Printing Co., Ltd. (上海庄印实业有限公司), First printing and first edition in 2006. ISBN: 9780978004101.
- A button badge: “Edmonton Chinese Chess Association 加拿大亞省愛城中國象棋會” words on it.
- One paperback book “Zhao mo de shi dai” (着魔的年代), written by Chiu Kan Ki (焦根基), published in 2011 by The culture exchange press. ISBN: 9780978004118.
- One paperback book on Chiu Kan Ki’s poems “Bai gan yin e : shi qing hua yi” (百感吟哦: 诗情画意), written by Chiu Kan Ki (焦根基), published by the culture exchange press in 2012. ISBN: 9780978004125.
- The 8th anniversary special issue of the Golden Phoenix Singing Club (金鳳鳴曲藝研習社成立八周年纪念特刊), published on October 12, 2008.
- The special issue of Chinatown Multicultural Centre Lunar New Year Extravaganza ( (點問頓中華文化中心牛年年宵花市), January 24-25, 2009 Ice Place, West Edmonton Mall.
7-8. Issue 20091269 of “China Fortune” (華夏財富).
This issue’s cover people is Chiu Kan Ki (焦根基). The journal is published monthly by SBS Inc., Fremont, CA.
9-10. Vietnam Chinese Association of Edmonton 30th anniversary memory publication 1979-2009 (加拿大亞省愛城越南華僑聯誼會成立三十週年紀念特刊), with a foreword by Chiu Kan Ki (焦根基).
- Community & Business Guide: Alberta edition 2009-2010 (華人社區工商年鑒亞省版).
FC 106 C5 C46 (Box 30 File 60)
- Edmonton Chinese Community Profile (華人社區資讯錄), publish on April 15, 1993.
13-14. The special issue “世界校友2006 艷麗夏日聚愛城”, by Hanoi & Haiphong Alumni Association of Alberta (加拿大亞省河内海防華裔校友會), held in Alberta from August 4 to 7, 2006.
- The 3rd Chinese Chess National Championship of Canada & Edmonton Chinese Chess Association 11th Anniversary Celebration (全加拿大第三届中國象棋錦標賽暨愛城中國象棋會成立十一週年紀念特刊), edited by Edmonton Chinese Chess Association (愛城中国象棋会), printed in Edmonton in 1993.
- The special issue “Photographic Arts Society of Alberta 10th Anniversary Commemorative Publication 1987-1997: A Collection of Members’ Work” (亞省攝影藝術學會成立十週年紀念特刊暨會員自選作品集).
- “Edmonton Chinese Community’s Successful Businessmen and Professional Profile 2004” (愛民頓華人社區商業/專業成功人士資讯錄2004).
18-19. The special issue “How to Play Chinese Chess : 25th anniversary of Edmonton Chinese Chess Association” ((加拿大阿爾伯達省愛城中國象棋會慶祝成立廿五週年暨舉辦第二届北美洲中國象棋錦標賽紀念特刊).
- “The Most Charismatic Indo-Chinese in Alberta Canada November 2005” (加拿大亞省越棉寮華人風采錄2005).
- A special issue of the Buddhism Enrichment & Community Service Centre of Alberta (亞省佛教社區服务中心成立15週年紀念特刊，二零一一年十月).
- A program of Cantonese opera performances to celebrate the 10th anniversary of the Golden Phoenix Singing Club (金鳳鳴曲藝研習社) on August 1, 2010.
- A colour group photo: Edmonton Chinese Community Canada 125 and Edmonton 100 celebration (點問頓華人社區慶祝加拿大建國125暨點問頓建市100週年).
- A colour photo: A parade for Canada 125 and Edmonton 100 celebration.
25-27. Three colour photos: Dragon dance performance by the Edmonton Chinatown Multicultural Centre Golden Dragon Team (點問頓中華文化中心金龍隊).
28-33. Six colour photos: Group photos after a parade at Klondike Days (淘金节) in 1988.
- A colour photo: K Signs company’s sign. 1983.
- A colour photo: Group photo of Edmonton Hung Mon Athletic Club (點城洪門體育會). 1993.
36-38. Three colour photos: The Klondike Days parade.
39-40. Two colour photos: Performances for Vietnam Chinese Association of Edmonton (愛城越南華僑聯誼會) 10th anniversary celebration in 1989.
- A colour photo: Chiu Kan Ki (焦根基) welcoming Congressman for Vietnam Chinese Association of Edmonton (愛城越南華僑聯誼會) 10th anniversary celebration in 1989.
FC 106 C5 C46 (Box 31 File 60)
- Alberta Chinese Times 加中報 (president: Kan Ki Chiu 焦根基)
no.43 (1987-01-29), no.49 (1987-03-12), no.50 (1987-03-19), no.53 (1987-04-09), no.56 (1987-04-30), no.61 (1987-06-04), no.64 (1987-06-25), no.138 (1988-11-24), no.273 (1991-06-27), no.338 (1992-09-24), no.340 (1992-10-08), no.345 (1992-11-12), no.361 (1993-03-04), no.362 (1993-03-11), no.367 (1993-04-15), no.368 (1993-04-22), no. 369 (1993-04-29)-3 copies, no.370 (1993-05-06)- 2 copies, no. 371 (1993-05-13)-2 copies, no.374 (1993-06-03), no.377 (1993-06-24)-2 copies, no.378 (1993-07-01), no.397 (1993-11-11), no.411 (1994-02-17), no.414 (1994-03-10), no.425 (1994-05-26), no.437 (1994-08-18), no.444 (1994-10-06), no.463 (1995-02-16)
FC 106 C5 C46 (Box 32 File 60)
Edmonton Chinese weekly 華聲報:
no.1 (1995-04-13), no.14 (1995-07-13), no.61 (1996-06-07), no.117 (1997-07-04)- 2 copies, no.163 (1998-05-22)- 3 copies, no.166 (1998-06-12)- 3 copies, no.167 (1998-06-19), no.170 (1998-07-10), no.172 (1998-07-24)- 3 copies, no.175 (1998-08-14), no.176 (19998-08-21), no.177 (1998-08-28), no.180 (1998-09-18)- no.181 (1998-09-25)- 2 copies, no.204 (1999-03-05)- 3 copies, no.205 (1999-03-12), no.210 (1999-04-16), no.213 (1998-05-07)- 2 copies, no.214 (1999-05-14), no.222 (1999-07-09)- 2 copies, no.224 (1999-07-23), (2001-06-21)- one page.
The Edmonton Journal. Issue: Saturday, February 4, 1995 (The year of boar)
A brief introduction to Kan Ki Chiu (焦根基) at the head of the Edmonton Journal:
Kan Ki Chiu, publisher of Alberta Chinese Times, officer of many ethnic organizations, 1993 Haider Dhanani award for work with Alberta immigrants.
Immediate source of acquisition
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
Restrictions on access
All researchers (including students, faculty, visiting scholars, and members of the general public) must submit a Retrieval Request Form at least 24 hours before their visit to Bruce Peel Special Collections in order to be sure that library materials have been retrieved from storage and are available for their use.