Title and statement of responsibility area
General material designation
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
Level of description
Edition statement of responsibility
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
1928, 1947, 1949, 1955, 1957, 1959, 1963, 1970, 1972-1973, 1980, 2005-2006 (Creation)
Physical description area
card, postcard, calendar, magazines, photo, books, newspaper clippings, notebooks, sheets of blank letter paper, exercise book, table cloth, Satin fabric
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Scope and content
- A Christian greeting card (5 cm x 9 cm) of the Chinese United Church Women (點城華人協和婦女會).
- A postcard of the Highlander Motel, 3255 MacArthur Boulevard, Oakland, CA.
- A 1947 memo calendar (23 x 28 cm), used as a diary for two months.
- The special issue of 60th anniversary for Victoria's Chinese Consolidated Benevolent Association (加拿大域多利中華會馆), 75th anniversary for the Chinese Public School (加拿大域多利華僑學校), published in 1959, printed and distributed by the Chinese Consolidated Benevolent Association (加拿大域多利中華會馆).
- Black and white wedding photo with souvenir paper frame from the Little Church of the West. Signed to Gorman & May, from Jose & Jimmy.
- A bulletin of Chinese United Church (點城協和教會會刊).
- A thread-bound book in Chinese: Jing jiao quan tu xiu xiang Dong Zhou lie guo zhi (精校全圖繡像東周列國志), printed and distributed by Shanghai zhong xin shu ju (上海中新書局), 31 pages, 20 cm.
- A thread-bound Chinese book Shuang Qing ci cao (雙清词草), written by Liao Zhongqai (廖仲愷), published by Kai ming shu dian (開明書店) in 1928.
- A thread-bound book in Chinese: Zhongguo li dai di wang nian qi (中国历代帝王年契), a list of emperors since the beginning of Chinese history, printed for the Religious Tract and Book Society by the Central China Press, Kewkiang, 19 pages, 25 cm.
- A China tour folder, compiled by Mrs. M. Chan in 1980, containing information of Harvest Travel Agency Ltd., introduction to China, some guidelines on how to get the most enjoyment out of your visit to China 1980, and helpful hints to an enjoyable trip in China.
- A sheet of blank letter paper with letterhead of Hsiangkiang Hotel (湘江賓館).
Two sheets of blank letter paper with letterhead of Li River Hotel (漓江飯店).
A sheet of blank letter paper with letterhead of Jinjiang Hotel (錦江賓館).
A sheet of blank letter paper with letterhead of Ala Moana Americana, Fly American/Stay Americana.
- Newspaper clippings: “2 holidays added to Labor Act”, “Only he knew who’s who” (July 30, 1970) and “Attendance at grounds”.
- A newspaper clipping: “Curtailing children’s accidents” (April 26, 1972).
- A newspaper clipping: “迅速消除怒氣的法則” on quick ways to get rid of anger from Edmonton Chinese News (愛華報) on Feb. 17, 2006.
- A newspaper clipping: “天降横财, 石油工人分享财富; 冷静处理, 金钱不改勤劳本性” from the Canadian Chinese Times (加華報) on November 4, 2005.
- A Newspaper clipping: “华人建筑工程师义工协助建教堂” (March 6, 1970).
- A pamphlet “Jade Room: Center of Asian Art and Culture”.
- An exercise book, used as Bible notes.
- A hardcover notebook for learning English & Chinese literature.
- A softcover book in Chinese: Si shu bai hua ju jie (四書白話句解), written and edited by Wang Tianhen (王天恨), published by Guo xue yan jiu she (國學研究社) in 1949, 289 pages, 14 cm.
- A hardcover notebook for learning English.
- A hardcover book in Chinese: An English phrase dictionary for all-round uses (五用英文成語辭典 : 英解, 中解, 作文, 本義, 辨義 ), edited by Han Wensheng (韩文生), 319 pages, 18 cm. Printed and distributed by Xing zhou shi jie shu ju you xian gong si (星洲世界書局有限公司).
- A paperback book in Chinese: Cao shu xie fa (草書寫法 ), edited and written by Deng Sanmu (邓散木), published by Ren min mei shu chu ban she (人民美術出版社 ) in 1963, 39 pages, 19 cm.
- A paperback book in Chinese: Shi jing qian shuo (詩境浅說), written by Yu Biyun (俞陛雲), second edition, distributed by Taiwan kai min shu dian (臺灣開明書店) in 1955, 95 pages, 17cm.
- A paperback book in Chinese: Chang jian de cuo zi (常见的错字), edited by Ling Ziliu (凌子鎏), published by Hao guang shu dian (濠光書店) in 1964, 64 pages, 19 cm.
- A paperback book in Chinese: Guo ji xiang qi jing sai gui ze (国际象棋竞赛规则), published by Ren min ti yu chu ban she (人民体育出版社) in 1973, fourth edition, 2, 49 pages, 13 cm.
- A paperback book in Chinese: Wang qiu gui ze (网球规则), published by Taiwan shang wu yin shu guan (臺灣商務印書館) in 1957, 26 pages, 13 cm.
- Satin fabric (135 x 196 cm) with double happiness design for newlyweds.
- Blue tablecloth (84 x 83 cm) with Mahjong (麻将) design on its four corners.
- White tablecloth (84 x 83 cm) with Mahjong (麻将) design on its four corners.
Immediate source of acquisition
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
Restrictions on access
All researchers (including students, faculty, visiting scholars, and members of the general public) must submit a Retrieval Request Form at least 24 hours before their visit to Bruce Peel Special Collections in order to be sure that library materials have been retrieved from storage and are available for their use.