This collection contains material related to the curricula, administration (including documents generated by departments of education and school boards), student life, and alumni activity of various educational organizations ranging from K-12 through post-secondary institutions.
The scholarly and creative output of students and faculty are not generally included here. Literary magazines – since they are often inextricably linked to student newspapers and yearbooks – stand as an exception. Some materials related to extra-curricular student societies and activities such as sports, drama, choirs, etc. will be described in other collections. Exceptions are made, however, for extra-curricular activities that do not possess an obvious home within other categories. For example, documents related to debating societies may be found here.
Categories of materials found here include:
• Student newspapers and other publications
• Handbooks and guides
• Alumni newsletters and reunion programmes
• Promotional pamphlets and brochures
• Programmes, dance cards, invitations etc. related to graduation ceremonies and other school-related social events
• Student directories and phonebooks
• Materials produced by and for home and school associations