Showing 865 results

Description
Image With digital objects
Advanced search options
Print preview View:

TAC at Steep Rock Mine

Technical Advisory Committee (TAC) on a field trip to Steep Rock Mine in Atikokan, September 1984. TAC went as part of their efforts to research the Canadian Shield. During WWII, the lake at this site had been drained and iron ore was recovered. It had since been refilling with water. Harris' job was to complete a risk assessment of the area. Slide found in the container labeled Nuclear Waste.

Detroit Convention

Detroit Convention with: Kolthoff, Laitenen, M Bushey, O'Brein, Thomson, Luyive[?], Stenfers, Harris possibly on the far right with his hand on his chin, Fall 1962.

Harris and Friends in the Rockies

Harris and friends standing in front of a lake in the Rockies. Image found inside card from Audrey and Willard F Allen. Willard Allen was a friend and fellow chemistry teacher at the University of Alberta.

Staff Office Laboratory

Staff office laboratory in the Physical Science Center, with a Fisher zone refiner in the center of the image. Each staff room was accompanied by a private laboratory.

Machine Shop

Three Machinists operating tools in the machine shop. The shop was complete with wood and metal-working equipment to create materials for research and undergraduate laboratories. Included in the photograph is a lathes, jig saw, sheet metal bender, grinder, two drill presses, and a welding area. The machine shop was located in the basement of the physics-mathematics wing.

Educational ephemera collection

  • Collection
  • 1900-

This collection contains material related to the curricula, administration (including documents generated by departments of education and school boards), student life, and alumni activity of various educational organizations ranging from K-12 through post-secondary institutions.
The scholarly and creative output of students and faculty and not generally included here. Literary magazines – since they are often inextricably linked to student newspapers and yearbooks – stand as an exception. Some materials related to extra-curricular student societies and activities such as sports, drama, choirs, etc. will be described in other collections. Exceptions are made, however, for extra-curricular activities that do not possess an obvious home within other categories. For example, documents related to debating societies may be found here.
Categories of materials found here include:
• Yearbooks
• Student newspapers and other publications
• Handbooks and guides
• Alumni newsletters and reunion programmes
• Postcards
• Calendars
• Promotional pamphlets and brochures
• Programmes, dance cards, invitations etc. related to graduation ceremonies and other school-related social events
• Student directories and phonebooks
• Materials produced by and for home and school associations

Winnipeg Railway Union Records Collection

  • Collection

This collection contains documents and materials produced or used by Canadian Pacific Railway Unions - in particular, Brotherhood of Locomotive Firemen and Enginemen - in Winnipeg between 1898 and 1968. The collection includes financial records, meeting minutes and logbooks, administrative documentation such as application forms, and cirulars and correspondence.

The Salzburg Collection

  • Collection

The Salzburg Collection is one of the most important collections in Canada for Central European law studies. It represents the original law collection of the Seminary Library of the Archbishop of Salzburg, acquired by the University of Alberta in 1965. Bruce Peel Special Collections houses the pre-1800 publications, considered rare books. The newer, post-1800 publications, which represent about half of the collection, are housed in other locations, including the John A. Weir Memorial Law Library, the Research & Collections Resource Facility, and the Humanities and Social Sciences Library.

Following the recommendations of the Tridentine Council (Tridentinischer Konzil) of 1562, the Salzburg Provincial Council (Salzburger Provinzialkonzil) established the Archiepiscopal Seminary in Salzburg (Erzbischöfliches Priesterseminar zu Salzburg) with its decree of May 25, 1579. Its first statutes were written and signed in July 1579 by the rector, Georg Würfel. The library was founded at the same time as the seminary, with books contributed by the private library of the Archbishop.

Results 801 to 865 of 865