Showing 865 results

Description
Image
Advanced search options
Print preview View:

865 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

Alberta School Curriculum Historical Bibliography 1885-1985 (Secondary Resources)

  • Collection

The Alberta School Curriculum Historical Bibliography 1885-1985 is a list of the materials authorized for use in Alberta schools during this time period. Many of the materials listed here are included in the archival collection of curriculum materials in the Herbert T. Coutts (Education and Physical Education) Library at the University of Alberta and may be viewed for research purposes at the library.

This bibliography was made possible by a Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council grant. Efforts were made to identify and create a database of all the Kindergarten to grade 12 learning resources that had been authorized by the territorial authorities prior to Alberta becoming a province in 1905, and the provincial authorities responsible for education since then. This project resulted in the Historical Database of Authorized Learning Resources, from which this bibliography was produced.

The project team consisted of: Josie Tong, principal investigator, Ila Scott, project leader, and team members Maureen Beristain and Barbara Owens. Other reference staff in the Herbert T. Coutts Library were involved and provided invaluable assistance as the project progressed.

Clennell 'Punch' Dickins fonds

  • TL 540 D53 C64
  • Fonds
  • 1910s to 1990s

Includes photographs, as well as correspondence and miscellaneous materials from Dickins' professional and military career, plus personal memorabilia.

Dickins, Clennell Haggerston ('Punch')

Ku Klux Klan Collection

  • HS 2330 K63 K58
  • Collection
  • 1920s to 1990s

This small research collection of printed ephemera documents some of the Ku Klux Klan’s activities to disseminate its beliefs and biases in favour of the white supremacy movement.

Keenlyside Fur Trade Collection

  • FC 3212 K44
  • Collection
  • 1676-1933

This archival collection contains a variety of documents pertaining to the fur trade and other political events in Canada between the years 1676 and 1933. Specifically, it contains printed material regarding the formation of the colony of British Columbia and its incorporation into Canada, as well as manuscripts that describe agreements and treaties made between the governments of the United States and Britain. The archive includes a wide range of business documents, including promissory notes, warrants, and other legal documents relating to payments and goods. It also contains a selection of Voyageur Contracts and documents pertaining to the Hudson's Bay Company and the North West Company.

Co-60 Gamma Ray

Co-60 gamma ray unit used in cobalt therapy, the use of gamma rays to treat medical issues such as tumors. The Physical Science Centre had a special "cave" built out under the basement with a Co-60 gamma ray unit for the initiation of radio chemical reactions. Slide found in box labeled AECL for the Atomic Energy of Canada Limited. Slide likely used in lecture or public talk.

National Research Universal

National Research Universal, Atomic Energy of Canada United in Chalk River, Ontario. Harris spent one summer in Chalk River with R Betts on the isotopic separation of sodium-22 and sodium -24. Slide found in box labeled AECL for the Atomic Energy of Canada Limited, likely used in lecture or public talk.

Harris and Friends at a Viewpoint

Harris leaning on his Pontiac car, with his friends taking pictures at a mountain viewpoint. Image found inside card from Audrey and Willard F Allen. Willard Allen was a friend and fellow chemistry teacher at the University of Alberta.

Inorganic and Analytical Research Laboratory

Photograph taken in the Inorganic and Analytical Research Laboratory. Image focuses on the Leeds & Northrup Electro Chemograph Type E with a built in Speedomax Recorder designed for polarography analysis. Machine commonly used in the study of kinetics and mechanism of inorganic reactions. Image also appears in "New Physical Sciences Centre" booklet advertising the newly built facility.

Glass Blowing Shop

Two technicians working on glass lathes in the Glass Blowing Shop. This room was used for the building and design of new glass equipment for research. The shop was located in the basement of the physics-mathematics wing.

Physical Science Center

Physical Science Center at the University of Alberta built to house three departments of Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry. The building officially opened May 24, 1961 and was designed by the Department of Public Works.

Results 201 to 300 of 865