Fonds - Human Resources

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Human Resources

General material designation

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

Level of description

Fonds

Reference code

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

Physical description area

Physical description

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

Biographical history

The University of Alberta's first academic session commenced in 1908, with personnel matters being dealt with by the President (Dr. Tory) on an individual basis. Later, matters were generally referred to the appropriate Dean, who would pass the information to the President. During the 1940's the Bursar assumed responsiblity for dealing with matters related to non-academic staff. In 1957 Murray Cooke was appointed as the first Personnel Officer, and the Personnel Office was considered a separate administrative unit within the Bursar's Office. During the early 1960's, Cooke began to develop and formalize university policies of employment for non-academic staff. In 1967, the Personnel Department was established as a separate admin¬istrative unit. In 1971, the Board of Governors and NASA signed an Agreement, formally recognizing NASA as sole bargaining agent for regular non-academic employees. During the 1970's five divisions were established: Wage and Salary Administration (1974), Systems and Records (1976), Employment Services (1977), Employee Relations (1977), and Occupational Health and Safety (1977). In 1980, the Training and Development division was established. With the exception of a brief period during 1983/1984, the respon¬sibilities for Occupational Health and Safety have been split between the Director of Personnel, Director of Physical Plant, the Radiation Control Committee and the Biosafety Committee. In the fall of 1985, the Equal Opportunity Unit was established.

Custodial history

Scope and content

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

Arrangement

Language of material

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

Associated materials

Related materials

Accruals

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules or conventions

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language of description

Script of description

Sources

Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related places

Related genres