Department of Radio and Television

Identity area

Type of entity

Corporate body

Authorized form of name

Department of Radio and Television

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

History

The Department of Radio and Television was established to coordinate and expand radio and television activities at the University. It incorporated Broadcasting Services (formerly, Radio Services) which had operated since the 1940s. Functions of the Department included: technical support services to campus including dubbing, equipment maintenance and loan service; operation of a closed circuit television system; production of video, film, and radio programs for broadcast on local radio and television stations; documentation of campus conferences, lectures and special events. In 1987, the Department was disbanded and television became a division of Technical Services, while radio was discontinued. In 1990, production functions were assigned to a new Division, the Video Production Centre. Directors: [1946-1958] Margery W. Mackenzie; 1958-1967 Guy H. Vaughan; 1967-1972 Henry Mamet; 1973-1976 William H. Jopling (Acting); 1977-1987 William H. Jopling. Supervisors: 1987- [1990] Wes Denison. Video Producers: [1990]- Don Spence.

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Subject access points

Place access points

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC

Related subjects

Related places