Fonds - Department of Extension

UAA-1969-091 UAA-1973-088 UAA-1974-020

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Department of Extension

General material designation

  • Multiple media

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

Level of description

Fonds

Reference code

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • 1912-1990 (Creation)

Physical description area

Physical description

18.56 m of textual records

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

(1912 -)

Administrative history

The Faculty of Extension serves as a link between the University and the people of the province who need access to the information and expertise of the University in order to solve practical problems and to further personal and professional growth and interests. The Department of Extension, established in 1912, became a Faculty in 1975. It offers continuing education courses and programs in the areas of business, fine arts, the humanities, the professions, and various sciences. Faculty members are involved in consulting, training, and research in adult education (Calendar, 1990/91);Major programs and division have included: 1913-1987 Extension (Travelling) Library; 1917- Educational Media Services Division (Educational Film Library; Visual Instruction Division); 1927-1945 CKUA radio station; 1933-1957 Banff School of Fine Arts; 1950-1958 Petroleum Industry Training School; 1975- Legal Resource Centre; 1983- Office of Special Sessions. Directors: 1912-1928 Albert Edward Ottewell; 1928-1937 Edward Annand Corbett; 1936-1938 Donald Roy Cameron (Acting); 1938- 1956 Donald Roy Cameron; 1956-1974 Duncan Darroch Campbell; 1974- 1975 Charles M. Lockwood (Acting). Deans: 1975-1985 Charles M. Lockwood; 1985 Richard R. Faryon; 1985-1990 Dennis Foth; 1990- 1991 G. Wayne Lamble.

Custodial history

Scope and content

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

Arrangement

Language of material

Script of material

Location of originals

RCRF

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

A. Faculty of Extension Guide
B. History of the Faculty of Extension

Associated materials

Related materials

Accruals

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules or conventions

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Created by LMCPHERSON 10-11-2007. Updated by AODEEN 7-2-2015.
Scanned and uploaded fall 2017. Updated by M.Fraser on 27 March 2020.

Language of description

Script of description

Sources

Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related places

Related genres