Department of Chemistry

Identity area

Type of entity

Corporate body

Authorized form of name

Department of Chemistry

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

1909 -

History

In existence since the beginning of the University, the Chemistry Department has evolved since the 1950s from principally a teaching role into a research and teaching unit. In addition to undergraduate and graduate instruction, the Department has conducted research in fields including natural resources, biochemistry, analytical chemistry, and physical chemistry. Heads: 1909-1930 August H. Lehman; 1930-1942 John W. Shipley; 1942-1957 Osman James Walker; 1957-1969 Harry E. Gunning. Chairs: 1969-1974 Harry E. Gunning; 1974-1979 Walter Edgar Harris; 1979-1985 Robert J. Crawford; 1985-1990 Robert Beatty Jordan; 1990- Byron George Kratochvil.

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Subject access points

Place access points

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC

Related subjects

Related places