Title and statement of responsibility area
Circulars and Notices of the Brotherhood of Locomotive Firemen and Enginemen
General material designation
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
Level of description
Edition statement of responsibility
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
July 28, 1919 - Dec. 24, 1920 (Creation)
Physical description area
6 pages and 2 folded-sheet booklets, measuring 28x21.5cm,
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Scope and content
Assorted documents circulated by the Brotherhood of Locomotive Firemen and Enginemen. These include:
- A Sept. 24, 1920 letter, from W. S. Sloane, clarifying the terms of the Chicago Joint Working Agreement with regards to the membership of associated organizations.
- A Sept. 1, 1920 letter from A. H. Hawley, on winding-down of the Army and Navy fund, and giving instructions on the disposal of remaining funds, which were provided on an enclosed cheque.
- An official circular, dated Nov. 20, 1920, on the need to leavy a new special General Assssment on members.
- The October bulletin from the Brotherhood's Office of President, dated, in pencil, Nov. 30, 1920. The bulletin details ongoing deliberations by the United States Labor Board.
- An official circular, dated July 28, 1919 issued by the Brotherhood's Office of the Assistant President, and Organizing Department. The circular details and discusses recent changes to the organization's constitution.
- An official circular, dated Aug. 20, 1919, on a special action taken by the Brotherhood's 28th convention, to provide a war-related waiver, allowing members a longer period to apply for changes to their beneficiary status.
- An official circular, dated Dec. 23, 1920, issued by the Brotherhood's Office of the President. The circular details and discusses recent changes to the organization's constitution, to accomodate member furloughed from work because of economic downturn.
- A letter, dated Dec. 24, 1920, and addressed to the Bortherhoods of Locomotive Engineers and Railroad Trainmen, in addition to that of the Locomotive Firemen and Enginemen, from the respective heads of these organizations, which forewarns against activities by the International Workers of the World.
Immediate source of acquisition
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
Restrictions on access
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
Subject access points
Place access points
Name access points
Genre access points
Description record identifier
Rules or conventions
Level of detail
Dates of creation, revision and deletion
Language of description
Script of description
Digital object metadata
September 29, 2020 1:31 PM