Showing 959 results

People and Organization
Corporate body

Academic Women's Association

  • Corporate body
  • 1975 -

After three years of informal meetings, the Academic Women's Association was formally begun in 1975 to encourage implementation of the recommendations of the University of Alberta Senate's Task Force on the Status of Women. The purpose of the association is to foster collegiality among academic women, to promote and encourage equal opportunities for women in university affairs, and to provide a forum and a mechanism for affirmative action for women at the university. The original name, Academic Women's Association of Alberta, was designed to provide an incorporated body under which branches from Alberta universities could function.

ACFA

  • Corporate body
  • 1925-

L’association canadienne-française de l’Alberta (ACFA) est une société provinciale ayant des ramifications régionales. Elle fut fondée en 1925-26 à Edmonton dans le but de maintenir les droits et les intérêts des francophones de l’Alberta.

The Association canadienne-française de l’Alberta (ACFA) is a provincial society with regional branches. It was founded in 1925-26 in Edmonton with the goal of maintaining the rights and interests of francophones in Alberta.

Alberta Advisory Committee for Educational Studies

  • Corporate body
  • 1966 -

AACES began as the Alberta Advisory Committee on Educational Research in 1954 but became the Alberta Advisory Committee for Educational Studies in 1966. Its original membership consisted of the University's Faculty of Education, the Alberta Department of Education, the Alberta Teacher's Association, the Alberta School Trustees Association (ASTA) and the Alberta Federation of Home and School Associations (HSA). ASTA and HSA dropped out of the Advisory Committee during the 1980s, while the Universities of Calgary (1966) and Lethbridge (1987) have since joined. The aim of AACES is to finance research in educational studies. To assist in the dissemination of research results it publishes the Alberta Journal of Educational Research and the Journal of Educational Thought.

Alberta Agricultural Alumni Association

  • Corporate body
  • 1942 - 1958

The Alberta Agricultural Alumni Association consisted of graduates of the Faculty of Agriculture at the University of Alberta. It organized social events and published a newsletter, the 4A News.

Alberta Department of Public Works

  • Corporate body
  • 1905-1975

The Department of Public Works was created in line with the Alberta Act, which established Alberta as a separate province on September 1, 1905. In a proviso in the federal statute, the Department of Public Works that had existed in the North-West Territories would continue over into the new province. The Department of Public Works was officially created by Alberta legislation in 1906 when the Public Works Act repealed the Public Works Ordinance. The new legislation still allowed that the functions, duties, and structure of the department remained consistent.
The Department of Public Works was responsible for the management, charge, and direction of construction, heating, lighting, furnishing, maintenance, and repair of all government buildings, and the control and management of the construction and maintenance of all public works. In the enabling legislation, public works is defined as the property of the Crown and controlled by the department, and included all lands, streams, watercourses, and property acquired for public works.
The Department of Public Works maintained a hierarchical structure throughout its existence. At the inception of the Department of Public Works in 1905, it consisted of five branches: Correspondence, Accountants, Surveys, Engineering, and Local Improvement. The department evolved to include branches and sections related to the creation, operation, regulation, and maintenance of highway systems, mining, and employment. In 1951, legislation reorganized the Department of Public Works into two branches: Buildings and Mechanical. In 1960, the Department of Public Works was reorganized once again into six divisions: Architecture, Works and Maintenance, Construction, Maintenance, Mechanical, and Administrative Accounting. The department was reorganized again in 1966, leaving the administrative functions as branches outside of the three main divisions: Utilities Services, Design and Construction, and Maintenance Services. By 1975, before the dissolution of the department, there were five major divisions: Design and Construction, Finance and Administration, Physical Plant, Planning, and Realty.
A government-wide reorganization led to the Department of Public Works being divided into two successor bodies, the Department of Housing and Public Works and the Department of Government Services. The Design and Construction Division, Realty Division, the Planning Division, and elements of Finance and Administration from the Department of Public Works were merged with housing functions from the Department of Municipal Affairs to form the Department of Housing and Public Works. Alberta Government Services was responsible for the elements of the former Public Works Department concerned with operation and maintenance.
The Department of Public Works was dissolved on June 25, 1975 when the Department of Public Works Act was repealed by the Department of Government Services Act. In 1982, the Department of Government Services merged with the functions of public works from the Department of Housing and Public Works to form the Department of Public Works, Supply, and Services.

Alberta Fitness Leadership Certification Association

  • Corporate body
  • 1984 -

The Alberta Fitness Leadership Certification Association (AFLCA) facilitates the training and certification of fitness leaders and trainers in Alberta. Established in 1984, the association was founded by representatives of fitness agencies who were concerned with the consistency of fitness leadership in Alberta. The delivery of fitness leadership programs is through these agencies, under the guidelines of the AFLCA and its Board of Directors. The AFLCA is an agency-based, not-for-profit association whose operations benefit the represented agencies that deliver the AFLCA training programs. These agencies, in turn, represent their fitness leaders. The AFLCA adopted the guidelines put forth in 1984 by the National Fitness Leadership Advisory Committee (NFLAC). Performance standards were subsequently developed to recommend minimum competencies desired in the trained fitness leader. In 1989, the results of the comprehensive survey of leaders, trainers and agencies led the AFLCA towards the development of a new program model, which included more specialized areas of fitness training and more variety in courses for leaders to explore and agencies to administer. The mandate of AFLCA is to establish and implement specific standards and guidelines that organizations can follow for the training of their fitness leaders, to certify those leaders who have been trained and through that training have met the standards and guidelines established by the Association and to coordinate the standards and guidelines established by the National Fitness Leadership Advisory Committee (NFLAC) and to adjust these standards and guidelines to be most suitable for the fitness leaders of Alberta.

Alberta Heritage Foundation for Medical Research

  • Corporate body

The Alberta Heritage Foundation for Medical Research (AHFMR) was established by the Government of Alberta in 1980 to support biomedical and health research at Alberta universities, affiliated institutions, and other medical and technology-related institutions. Operating funds come from a portion of the interest revenue from a Government endowment, with an initial investment of $300 million. AHFMR supports more than 200 senior researchers recruited from Alberta and around the world, and approximately 350 researchers-in-training. Since 1980, AHFMR has supported more than 8500 positions, providing unprecedented opportunities for research careers. AHFMR is governed by a Board of Trustees with representatives from the universities, the medical profession and the general public. AHFMR is headed by a President who is the CEO. The Board of Trustees are advised by an international Scientific Advisory Council and other groups, including committees of researchers who assess applications for awards. AHFMR reports to the people of Alberta through the Minister of Innovation and Science but is arms-length from government. Every six years an International Board of Review assesses AHFMR Programs and submits a report to AHFMR and the Government of Alberta.

Alberta Institute of Agrologists

  • Corporate body
  • 1947 -

The AIA began in 1920 as the Northern and Southern Locals of the Canadian Society of Technical Agriculturalists. The national organization became the Agricultural Institute of Canada in 1945, and in 1947 the Alberta Government passed the Agrologists Act, which conferred professional status on agrologists under the regulation of the new Alberta Institute of Agrologists. The AIA's mandate is to maintain professional standards for agrology and to communicate to the government and to the public its concerns regarding its profession, agricultural education and research, and the role of agriculture and agrology in the community.

Alberta Institute of Pedology

  • Corporate body
  • 1968 -

The Institute of Pedology, with headquarters at the University, was organized in 1968. The Institute consists of all pedologists in the Soil Science Department of the University, the Terrain Sciences Department of the Alberta Research Council and the Alberta Pedology Unit of the Land Resources Research Centre, Agriculture Canada. The Institute is involved in coordinating work in the following fields: soil survey in Alberta, research in pedology, interpretation of basic data on Alberta soils and assistance and/or cooperation from other institutions concerned with pedological data (Calendar, 1990/91). The Institute is directed by the Technical Coordinating Committee. The Chair of the Soil Science Department of the University is ex officio Chair of the Technical Coordinating Committee.

Alberta Law Reform Institute

  • Corporate body
  • 11.15.1967 -

Known as the Institute of Law Research and Reform until 1990, the Alberta Law Reform Institute was established by an agreement between the provincial government, the Law Society of Alberta and the University of Alberta. Its principal objective is to promote law reform, particularly on the provincial level, and to conduct research in conjunction with its reform activities. Many of the Institute's reports have been or are in the process of being enacted for legislation. Staff periodically publish papers prompted directly or indirectly by law reform projects. Directors: 1968-1975 Wilbur Fee Bowker; 1975-1986 William H. Hurlburt; 1986-1988 R. Grant Hammond; 1988- Peter J.M. Lown.

Alberta Medical Association

  • Corporate body
  • 1906 -

The Alberta Medical Association (AMA) is a voluntary organization for Alberta physicians that offers personal benefits to its members as well as communicating their professional interests and health care concerns to the government and the public. In 1986 it was authorized by the provincial government as the official bargaining agent for Alberta doctors.

Alberta Oil Sands Technology and Research Authority

  • Corporate body
  • 1974-

The Alberta Oil Sands Technology and Research Authority (AOSTRA) was initiated by Peter Lougheed’s government as a crown corporation in Alberta in 1974. Its purpose was to promote the use and development of technologies for oil sands and heavy crude oil. Funded by the Alberta Heritage Savings Trust Fund, AOSTRA had head offices in Edmonton and Calgary.
AOSTRA was originally formed in 1974 to promote new technologies for the oil sands. The mandate expanded in 1979 to include crude oil technologies as well. In 1986, the Alberta Department of Energy took over AOSTRA’s role. In 1994, AOSTRA merged with the Provincial Ministry of Energy;s Oil Sands and Research Division. In 2000, AOSTRA became Alberta Innovates--Energy and Environment Solutions in order to better represent an expanded role that included wind, solar, fuel cells, clean coal, and biomass energies. In 2001, the Alberta Energy Research Institute (AERI) took over the responsibilities of the AOSTRA.
AOSTRA was led by a government-appointed board of up to nine members, all with experience in petroleum development and technology. This board was responsible for selecting projects that met the mandate of the organization. Costs of projects were shared with the energy industry and technologies resulting from projects were available to users at fair market value.
Additionally, AOSTRA supported research at universities and research institutions through grants for inventors, operation of a technical information system, and international cooperation in oil sands development.

Alberta Poetry Festival Society

  • Corporate body

The Alberta Poetry Festival Society seeks to ensure: that individuals from across the city engage in poetry both as creators and audiences; that quality and diversity of the work performed and created by Edmonton artists expands; that poetry becomes part of Edmonton’s culture; and that the Alberta Poetry Festival is an event where international and national poets appear beside local poets so that Edmonton audiences, and those who do not engage with poetry on a regular basis, can experience poetry. The society’s mission is to host an eight-day festival during April (National Poetry Month) and assist with the Poetry Moves school program, and the Poetry Moves in Transition project, among others outreach projects consistent with the vision.
The Alberta Poetry Festival Society hosted the first Alberta Festival in 2006 with the assistance of Edmonton’s Alice Major (then Poet-Laureate). In 2010, the Society began hiring employees to ensure the sustainability of the Festival.

Alberta. Post-war Reconstruction Committee

  • Corporate body
  • 1943 - 1945

The post-war reconstruction committee was established in 1943 by an act of the government of Alberta (Statutes of Alberta, Chapter 8). Its purpose was to study how the province could make the transition from wartime to a peacetime economy and re-absorb the population absent from the economy during World War II. The general committee was chaired by Nathan Eldon Tanner and (after September 1944) Alfred John Hooke, Members of the Legislative Assembly. Robert Newton President of the University of Alberta, was a Committee member and chair of the on Educational and Vocational Training. The Committee and its subcommittees issued their final reports in March 1945, and subsequently the Post-War Reconstruction Act was repealed and the Committee dissolved.

Alberta. Provincial Normal Schools

  • Corporate body
  • 1906 - 1945

These schools trained elementary and secondary teachers for service in the Alberta school system. They included the Calgary Normal School (1906-1945), Camrose Normal School (1912-1938), and Edmonton Normal School (1920-1923, 1928-1933, 1935-1945). In 1945 the Faculty of Education at the University of Alberta absorbed the normal school system of teacher training into the University's educational system.

Alberta. Public Affairs Bureau

  • Corporate body

In 1948, the Government of Alberta's Department of Economic Affairs created a Film and Photography branch, the purpose of which was to maintain a photographic record of Alberta's economic, cultural and social development. In 1959, the Branch was transferred to the Provincial Secretary and, after several more transfers, was taken under the Bureau of Public Affairs.

Alberta Research Council

  • Corporate body
  • 1921 -

In October, 1919 a committee was convened by the Provincial Secretary to advise on matters relating to industrial research. A preliminary survey of resources was conducted, with encouraging results, and in 1921 the Scientific and Industrial Research Council of Alberta was formally established by Order-in-Council. Research was to be conducted in cooperation with the University for laboratory and other facilities. The President of the University was a member of the Council; the Provincial Secretary and the Premiers of the Province have acted as Chair. In 1930, under new legislation, the Council was reorganized to be an advisory body to the Cabinet. A Cabinet Minister was Chair of the Council; the President of the University was Chair of the Technical Advisory Committee and Director of Research. At this time the Council's name was shortened to the 'Research Council of Alberta'; it is now known as the Alberta Research Council. With the onset of the Great Depression the work of the Council halted. The University took over its funding, work, and staff in 1933; the Council itself did not meet from 1934 to 1942. In 1943, the Research Council Act was amended to include ten members, of which two were from the cabinet (one to act as chair); the President of the University; the Director of Research, and members at large. Until 1950 the President of the University was Director of Research. Dr. N.H. Grace was appointed the Councilþs first full-time Director in October, 1951. The Council was the first provincially funded, scientific research agency in Canada. It undertakes, promotes, and funds research which might not otherwise be undertaken. Chairs: 1919-1923 J. L. Cote; 1923-1925 Herbert Greenfield; 1925- 1926 Alex Ross; 1926-[1930] J.E. Brownlee; 1930-[1950] Cabinet Ministers assigned to Chair; [1946-1947] Nathan Eldon Tanner; 1950-1951 Robert Newton; 1951-1961 Nathaniel H. Grace; 1961 William Albert Lang (Acting); 1962-1977 Ernest J. Wiggins; 1977- 1978 Brian Hitchin (Acting); 1978-1983 Giles Cloutier; 1984- 1987 Robert W. Stewart; 1987- Clem W. Bowman;

Alberta. University Survey Committee

  • Corporate body
  • 1941 - 1944

The University Survey Committee was created in August 1941 by an Order-in-Council of the Government of Alberta to conduct a comprehensive review of the University's affairs. In particular, the Committee examined the University's success in meeting the cultural, economic, and educational needs of Albertans. Chaired by Harold H. Parlee, then chair of the University's Board of Governors, the Committee submitted its interim report on January 30, 1942. Committees internal to the University were established to act on the report's recommendations, thus the Survey Committee dissolved with no further formal reports. Many of the Survey Committee's recommendations were incorporated into the 1942 revisions of the University Act, while others, such as the creation of an affiliated campus in Calgary, were adopted later.

Alberta Women's Bureau

  • Corporate body
  • 1970 -

The Women's Bureau was established in 1966 by an Act of the Government of Alberta as the Womenþs Cultural and Information Bureau. It became the Womenþs Bureau in 1970, and in 1984 it was succeeded by the Women's Secretariat. Under the directorship of Phyllis Ellis, the Bureau compiled information on women's issues and made it available to individual women, women's groups and other interested parties through newsletters and other publications.

Alumni Association

  • Corporate body
  • 1915 -

The Alumni Association, formed in 1915, confers automatic lifetime membership, without fee, on every graduate of the University. It reviews programs, provides advice and support to the University and is represented on the Board of Governors and the Senate. A president is elected each year to head the Council; the President of the University is an honorary member, and the presidents of the Students' Union and the Graduate Students' Association are ex officio members of the Council. Branches of the Association have been formed throughout the world and their representatives also sit on the Council. Graduates from the professional schools (Medicine, Dentistry, Pharmacy, Business, Nursing, Education, Forestry) can join special associations which promote the welfare of their Faculty under the aegis of the general Alumni Association. Elected secretaries kept the Association's records from 1915 to 1926. Geoffrey B. Taylor, Assistant Registrar, provided his unpaid services as Secretary from 1926 to 1946. A full-time paid position was established in that year. The purpose of the Alumni Affairs Office, headed by a Director, is to provide professional administrative management and support to the Association, and to oversee alumni involvement with the University. While it may be possible to distinguish between the activities of the Association and the Office, and between some of the papers of each, because the two are so intertwined and because the Office provides all of the administrative support necessary for the functioning of the Association, the Archives has combined the records in this description. Secretaries: 1946-1947 John Clemence Gordon Brown; 1947-1951 John William Evans Markle; 1951-1977 Alex Gilmour Markle

Apparel Studies Association of Canada

  • Corporate body
  • 1973 - 1988

Founded in 1972 as the Clothing Studies Association of Canada, the Apparel Studies Association of Canada Inc. was incorporated in 1973 and received its national charter in 1974. Its aim was to support research and facilitate professional communication among clothing researchers and users of research through newsletters and general meetings. Its head office was located in the Department of Clothing and Textiles at the University of Alberta. The Association was dissolved in 1988.

Assiniboia Community Housing Cooperative

  • Corporate body

The Assiniboia Community Housing Cooperative (ACHC) began its existence known as Campus Co-operative Association in March of 1967. Its initiative at that time was to provide low-cost housing to students at the University of Alberta, in a time before HUB, Lister Hall, or Michener Park were completed. In September of 1967, the University’s Board of Governors, whose task it was to oversee University-owned properties, rented six houses to the fledgling organization in the North Garneau area. By the early 1970’s, the Co-op reached its membership peak of about 65 members, and purchased their first house in the Strathcona area. A second home was purchased in 1973 in Parkallen. Using a ‘capital loan’ system where members ‘loaned’ the Co-op $25 each upon taking out membership, monies were collected for initial down payments on homes. A ‘capital levy’ plan was later introduced whereby the Co-op charged a capital levy per member, on top of the monthly housing charge, as a means of raising capital for the expansion of the Co-op and for meeting maintenance costs on existing properties. In the early 1970’s, as well, the Co-op obtained a further four rented houses from the City of Edmonton. Original University-owned houses were occasionally demolished in the North Garneau neighbourhood, and the Co-op received other houses in replacement. A few other houses were rented from private landlords and by the summer of 1973, there were twelve houses in the Campus Co-operative Association. In 1977 the Campus Co-operative Association was dissolved by the Co-op Development Branch of the Alberta Department of Consumer and Corporate body Affairs for failing to submit an audit form on time. A new set of by-laws and a policy manual were developed and the Co-op was reinCorporate bodyd on September 27, 1978 as the Campus Co-operative Association (1977). By 1981, the new name of Assiniboia Community Housing Cooperative was chosen to reflect a shift away from a majority student membership which prevailed at its inception in 1967. Membership in the houses was open to anyone accepted by the members of a Co-op household, and subsequently approved by the Board of Directors. The Board of Directors consisted of four executive members elected at semi-annual general meetings, and of one house representative from each house; board meetings were held monthly, and were open to the general membership to attend. Various committees were established to deal with specific matters, and members were expected to work on a committee or do some other specified work for the Cooperative. Members also shared cooking and other house chores. Membership criteria evolved over time to accept both student and non-student membership, and houses were co-ed. In 1986, the AHCC owned five houses and ceased leasing property from the University. While the records in the fonds go only to 1990, the Assiniboia Community Housing Cooperative continues to function. They are a listed entry in the University of Alberta’s Student Union Housing Registry (as of 2006), and advertise three houses available in the Cooperative.

Association of Professional Librarians of the University of Alberta

  • Corporate body
  • 1966 -

The University Professional Librarians' Group, founded in 1960, was succeeded in 1966 by the Association of Professional Librairians of the University of Alberta (APLUA) which, unlike its predecessor, has a formal constitution. Its mandate includes the promotion and advancement of the interests and welfare of professional librarians to provide the best possible professional service. APLUA also promotes continuing education and encourages an interest in and knowledge of the profession at all levels and in all types of libraries.

Association of Professors Emeriti

  • Corporate body

In 1987 University of Alberta Professors Emeriti Dr. Tom Nelson, Dr. Earle Waugh, and Prof. Sharon Brintnell, formed a committee to redress the absence of provisions that support continuation and development of the research, professional, and public service roles that the professors had begun in their academic career. The original committee, chaired by Dr. Earle Waugh, quickly built interest both within and beyond the University community. A survey was then undertaken that showed the formation of an association of Professors Emiriti was welcomed by a majority of the Alberta Academic community that would facilitate the individual and collective development of the University of Alberta Emeriti. In addition this association was seen as a vehicle that would safeguard their status and privileges. With support from the federal government, the department of advanced education, as well as then University President Dr. Myer Horowitz, the Association opened an office in the Edmonton neighborhood of Garneau. The association began publishing a registry and newsletter, and in May 1987 the Constitution of the Association was formed. The association also sponsors several groups for Emeriti where members can meet, listen to guest speakers and discuss subjects such as the perils and opportunities of retired life, travel, and books.

Association of Teaching Staff of the University of Alberta

  • Corporate body
  • 1945 - 1959

In 1936 the President created a Faulty Relations Council to act as a liaison between the Univeersity administration and the academic staff. Its members were appointed. In 1945 the Association of Teaching Staff of the University of Alberta was established, with the Faculty Relations Council remaining as its executive. In 1950 the ATSUA approved a new constitution by which it initiated the election of the executive and discontinued the Faculty Relations Council. The ATSUA revised its constitution in 1959 and changed its name to AASUA.

Association of the Academic Staff of the University of Alberta

  • Corporate body

In 1936 the President created a Faculty Relations Council to act as a liaison between the University administration and the academic staff. Its members were appointed. In 1945 the Association of Teaching Staff of the University of Alberta was established, with the Faculty Relations Council remaining as its executive. In 1950 the ATSUA approved a new constitution, by which it initiated the election of the executive and discontinued the Faculty Relations Council. The ATSUA revised its constitution in 1959 and changed its name to the AASUA. The organization underwent another name change in 1961 to AASUAE (Edmonton) to distinguish it from the Calgary campus branch, the AASUAC (Calgary). When the University of Calgary became autonomous in 1966, the Edmonton association re-assumed the name AASUA. The AASUA's aim is to represent academic staff at the University of Alberta through collective bargaining, grievance representation, and expression of opinion.

Association of Universities and Colleges of Canada

  • Corporate body

The Association of Universities and Colleges of Canada (AUCC) was formed in 1911 and assumed its present name in 1965. Its members are Canada's public and private, not-for-profit universities and university-degree level colleges. Four provincial and regional associations of universities and some 20 national organizations representing specific academic or administrative interests are also members. A voluntary organization based in Ottawa, the AUCC promotes and facilitates co-operation and sharing among its members, and administers under contract scholarships and international programs. The AUCC also publishes a magazine, University Affairs, and an annual Directory of Canadian Universities.

Banff Centre for Continuing Education

  • Corporate body
  • 1954 - 1970

The Banff School of Fine Arts developed a 'management wing,' patterned on the Banff School of Advanced Management, in 1954. The Centre offered facilities for conferences, and Fall and Winter short courses. Until 1966 it was under the jurisdiction of the Faculty of Extension; under the new Universities Act the Banff Schools reported to the University of Calgary until 1970 when the independent Banff Centre was formed. Directors: 1936-1968 Donald Roy Cameron; 1968-1970 Donald F. Becker (Acting); 1970-1982 David Leighton.

Banff School of Advanced Management

  • Corporate body
  • 1952 -

The Banff School of Advanced Management was established in 1952 by the University of Alberta and from 1953 has been sponsored as a cooperative undertaking by the Universities of Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba and Saskatchewan. By pooling the teaching resources of the four Universities and supplementing these with a selection of instructors from other universities, government and private businesses in Canada and the United States, the Banff School of Advanced Management has been able to offer a course which has met with an enthusiastic response from business institutions in North America and abroad. Directors: 1952-1969 Donald Roy Cameron; 1969-1973 Allan H. Anderson; 1973-1974 Victor Henning; 1974-[1977?] Jim Moran; [1978?]-1981 Edwin M. 'Ted' Mills. Vice-President, Banff Centre: 1981-[19þ] Gary Frey.

Banff School of Fine Arts

  • Corporate body
  • 1933 -

The Banff School of Fine Arts was established by the Department of Extension in 1933, under a grant from the Carnegie Foundation, to provide training in theatre arts. It expanded its mandate to include fine, applied and performing arts: painting, music, ballet, modern languages, writing, handicrafts, photography and figure skating as well as theatre. Courses were taken for University credit, Banff School certificates, or for recreation and pleasure. The School operated every summer until 1954, when, under the title Banff School of Fine Arts and Centre for Continuing Education, it began to offer year-round facilities for all types of courses, seminars, workshops, conferences and meetings. For its services to adult education, in 1951 the School received the Henry Marshall Tory Award from the Canadian Association for Adult Education. Under the Universities Act of 1966, the School was placed under the administration of the University of Calgary. In 1970 all of the units at Banff were combined into the independent Banff Centre, which received its own legislative Act in 1978. Directors: 1933-1936 Edward Annand Corbett; 1936-1968 Donald Roy Cameron; 1968-1970 Donald F. Becker (Acting); 1970-1982 David Leighton; 1982- Paul Fleck .

Results 1 to 100 of 959